Exterior siding and fiber cement siding are more attractive than many people realize. There was a time when wooden clapboard and stonewalls were the most beautiful and the most advanced home exteriors around.
Today, the highest-quality exterior siding is fiber cement siding. Fiber cement siding is available in a gorgeous array of textures, materials, and colors. James Hardie offers the high quality and range of colors and materials that Colorado values.
A Look At Fiber Cement Siding
Not only does fiber cement siding protect the original wooden structures of homes, it also adds lasting value by reducing the cost of regular shingle repair and regular painting. Before siding, painting and shingle repair was seasonal, and an extreme weather necessity. Even without an extreme weather event, homeowners repaired broken wood and repainted on a seasonal or yearly basis simply to maintain the structural integrity of the building.
Today’s wide selection of James Hardie siding and fiber cement siding colors and unique designs allow you to showcase your personality with the highest quality Denver home siding products available.
How Do I Know My Siding Needs to Be Replaced?
There are several indicators that show the condition of your Denver siding. Between woodpeckers and weather, Denver siding can take unexpected damage. Knowing the indicators of serious siding damage allows you to plan for repairs or siding replacement. Denver siding installation experts can help determine whether repairs are necessary.
There is no greater opportunity to reconsider the aesthetic properties of some of the high-quality fiber cement sidings available today for Denver siding installation.
Indicators that siding needs to be replaced include:
- Moisture meter
- Siding is “swelling” above nail head (nails appear to be over-sunk)
- Swelling at siding joints
- Warping of siding
- Soft or dry rot or mildew on siding
New colors and new textures — even new siding materials — are being developed at a rapid pace. Other reasons to consider new Hardie fiber cement siding might include:
- You’ve purchased a new home.
- Your home has a wooden exterior.
- You live in a historic property.
- You own a rental property.
- There’s been a significant structural renovation or a structural change.
- You’ve experienced exterior damage due to an extreme weather event.
- You have the opportunity to invest in a property upgrade.
What Is the Best Home Siding Available?
You want to consider the very best home siding available that will fit within your budget. Home siding comes in a wide range of qualities and price ranges, but going with James Hardie siding means going with the best siding available.
Whether you are investing in a rental property, flipping a property and looking to vamp up the resale value, or giving some much deserved TLC to your own long-term home, quality siding offers protection from the elements and adds years, perhaps decades, to the structural integrity of your home.
High-quality siding also increases the beauty of your home in ways that are priceless. To arrive home and see a unique, picturesque view of your own property adds a quality to your life that is immeasurable in value.
“Your home is your castle” is a phrase that many have heard often throughout their lives. Your choice of exterior renovation products, including siding, should reflect the values that you hold dear. James Hardie Siding is acknowledged and proven to be one of the very best sidings on the market today.
After, with James Hardie Siding
How Do I Choose a Color for My Siding?
Beyond the structural considerations and the home renovations cost and budget, the primary concern for many homeowners is how to choose a color for their Denver home siding. Among some of the design considerations are:
- Personal color preferences — You might want to invest in precisely the color of home siding that you personally consider beautiful.
- Landscaping — Color and style of lawn, shrubbery, and flowers.
- Neighborhood colors — For some people, the colors of homes near them affects their choice of siding color.
- Surrounding landscape — Beyond the property garden, what colors do you see? Are you in an urban, suburban or rural area? Taking a keen look at the surrounding landscape can assist you in matching a color that makes you happy.
- Taking photographs of your home from different vantage points — Taking a close look at the shape and colors that surround your home and property gives you a designer’s view of choosing an attractive color. Those photographs can be an important part of your design planning if you choose to consult a color specialist.
Our Denver, Centennial, Highlands Ranch, Boulder, and Littleton installation experts that are ready to discuss color choices in detail and offer consultation on some of the James Hardie siding colors that might be best for your personal exterior home siding needs.
Are you considering updating the siding on your home? Contact us today to learn more!