Bay windows are among the most aesthetically pleasing window styles you can choose. They provide a panoramic view of the exterior and let light enter from a wider angle.
When it comes to home window replacement, it’s important to make the proper selection. Otherwise, your bay windows could let heat in and out, increasing your energy bills and impacting home comfort. When making your replacement window selection, keep the following factors in mind to increase your satisfaction with the final product.
While the material you choose for any window installation is important, it’s even more critical to give attention to the material with a bay window replacement. Bay windows extend beyond your home’s foundation, making them increasingly susceptible to outdoor temperature changes.
The best window material options include:
- Vinyl: This economical choice is easy to install and requires minimal maintenance to prolong its beauty and efficiency.
- Aluminum and wood clad: With this option, the exterior window frame is aluminum while the side facing the interior is wood. This brings the richness of real wood into your home with the durability of aluminum to withstand the weather. You can customize the interior window frame paint color or stain to match any room.
- Fiberglass: This material combines energy efficiency, low-maintenance requirements, and durability, making it a top pick among Colorado homeowners. Fiberglass also comes in a wide variety of colors to meet your interior and exterior aesthetic needs.
Choosing the right window material is only the beginning. Then you need to choose a qualified contractor to conduct the installation. To help you choose an experienced replacement windows company, look for these qualities:
- The company has experience matching bay windows to the right home.
- The company can show examples of past work completed in the area. Ask to see pictures and even visit sites in person, if possible.
- Customers rate the company highly in testimonials and reviews. Check third-party sites such as Yelp.com and Angie’s List for honest reviews.
- The company has a high rating with the Better Business Bureau. This proves the business has a low complaint volume, is licensed and exhibits transparent practices, among other venerated qualities.
- The company demonstrates an understanding of your specific needs and is willing to work with your budget.
You’re not just looking for a company to do all the work; you’re looking for a contractor to be your partner in selecting the very best bay windows for your home. If you’re not sure about which material is best, a trustworthy contractor will work with your needs and budget to make the best possible selection.
The team at 5280 Exteriors is highly rated and experienced in providing customized solutions for Colorado’s unique climate. As you begin the window replacement process, please contact 5280 Exteriors for a free estimate.